MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2022 DATACENTER 16-CORE
Ready for shipment immediately, delivery time 24h
- Item no: SW10454
- Manufacturer no: P71-09391
- Duration: Permanently valid
- Language: All languages
- Country zone: US
|Scope of delivery||Download + License|
Windows Server 2022 is the new server operating system especially for larger companies. This version of the server software, based on 10, offers even more security and options for the provision and sharing of data, applications and , and thus meets the highest requirements in complex networks. In addition, the edition offers more options for the integration and management of hybrid features as well as virtualization and various performance improvements for containers. Datacenter Microsoft Windows Services Datacenter Windows
For further questions about the product, please contact our customer service.
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter - advanced security for large networks
Windows Server 2022 Datacenter is the new Microsoft server operating system especially for larger enterprises. This version of the server software, based on Windows 10, offers even more security and options for the provision and sharing of data, applications and Services, and thus meets the highest requirements in complex networks. In addition, the Datacenter edition offers more options for the integration and management of hybrid features as well as virtualization and various performance improvements for Windows containers.
Network security is the central theme of the Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Edition. Here it offers many new functions as well as extensions and optimizations of existing functions. These include the use of TLS 1.3, the latest version of Transport Layer Security, as well as new support for encryption over RDMA networks via SMB Direct using AES-128 and AES-256.
The Datacenter edition of Windows Server 2022 offers large enterprise data centers in particular enhanced options for virtualizing data and applications: improved scalability, even stronger performance and effective security functions reliably protect these in multi-Cloud environments.
Licensing of the Windows Server 2022 Datacenter edition is also Core-based, with Pro Server 16 cores as the minimum number. The access for users is done with a client access license (CAL).
At Wiresoft you can find the edition Windows Server 2022 Datacenter already now as used software at a favorable price - with the full performance regarding the possibilities for virtualization, performance and security. For more information about the new features and functions of the Windows Server 2022 Datacenter edition, please read the following overview - and also contact a member of Wiresoft staff directly.
What's new in Windows Server 2022 Datacenter?
The new version of the Microsoft server operating system Windows Server 2022 is based like the predecessor again on Windows 10. That means that User also in optical regard a familiar Desktop surface find, all functions are present at used place. The new Windows server software 2022 also receives 10 years of product support from Microsoft in the form of support and updates.
Compared to the previous version, the Windows Server 2022 server software offers many innovations in the three important areas of security, application platform and data migration.
Especially the edition Windows Server 2022 Datacenter offers again a Plus with Hyper-V, SDN, Storage Spaces Direct and Storage Replica and the support of Shielded Virtual Machines, for the creation of highly secure virtualization infrastructures, with:
- Support for an unlimited number of virtual machines Plus a Hyper-V host Pro license
- Unlimited Storage Replica for both synchronous and asynchronous replication of volumes between servers or clusters for disaster recovery purposes
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure for software-defined consolidation of computing, storage and networking functions in a cluster
- Virtual OSE (Operating System Environment)
- Shielded Virtual Machines (SVM)
- Software-defined networking (SDN)
- Software-defined storage (SDS)
Further features of Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Edition
In addition, there are numerous other functions that take into account the growing requirements in the operation of complex networks.
Higher security in Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
Windows Server 2022 now has new layered security to provide enterprise servers with comprehensive data protection and Services protection. This is provided by the following new features and enhancements, among others:
- TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module) provides a hardware-based store for cryptographic key protection, including measurement of system integrity as well as verification of the trustworthiness of code when the Windows server is started. This module is also used in BitLocker drive encryption.
- Secured-Core-server processors provide firmware protection, with Dynamic Root of Trust for Measurement (DRTM) technology supporting startup measurement and verification, and Direct Memory Access (DMA) protection for isolated driver access to memory.
- In addition, Secured-Core-Server supports code integrity according to VBS (Virtualization-based Security) as well as HVCI (Hypervisor-based Security). Here, VBS uses various features to virtualize hardware, thereby creating a secure working memory area that is isolated from the normal operating system, thus protecting the Server in particular from risks such as those posed by attacks using cryptocurrency mining.
- VBS also supports Credential Guard to store user login information in a virtual container that the operating system does not have direct access to.
- HTTPS and TLS 1.3 are enabled by default on Windows Server 2022 Datacenter to establish secure connections. TLS1.3 (Transport Layer Security) represents the latest version of this security protocol most commonly used on the Internet in encrypting data to provide a secure communication channel between two endpoints.
- Secure DNS supports DoH (DNS-over-HTTPS) in encrypting DNS queries using HTTPS protocol to prevent eavesdropping and DNS data tampering, which also contributes to traffic security.
- SMB (Server Message Block) uses AES-256-GCM and AES-256-CCM for encryption, these are automatically used in Windows Server 2022 as soon as a connection is established with another computer that also supports these standards.
- Encryption using SMB Direct and RDMA (Remote Direct Memory Access) provides higher bandwidth as well as lower latency in Windows Server 2022 for direct storage, storage replica, Hyper-V and SQL Server.
- Failover clusters in Windows Server 2022 allow differentiated encryption control for CSV (Cluster Shared Volumes,) and SBL (Storage Bus Layer).
Container platforms in Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
When using Windows containers, there are also various optimizations in Windows Server 2022 Datacenter, for example, for application compatibility as well as for the Windows container user interface with Kubernetes.
- For Windows containers, the image size has been reduced by up to 40%, increasing startup time by 30% and improving performance.
- The use of Kubernetes has been enhanced with broader support in host processes for configuring nodes as well as IPv6 , as well as in implementing network policies with the open source Calico software.
- The Windows Admin Center update now simplifies container creation for .NET applications.
Storage and Migration Services in Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Edition
Among the many improvements in Windows Server 2022 are those in Storage Migration Services, making it easier to migrate storage to Windows Server as well as other source storage locations to Azure. The Windows Server 2022 Storage Migration Server orchestrator now provides the following options:
- Migrate local users or groups to Windows Server
- Migrate storage from or to failover clusters
- Migrate between standalone servers and failover clusters
- Migrating storage from Linux servers that use the open source Samba application
- Migrate to Microsoft Azure networks
- Migrate NetApp CIFS servers as well as FAS arrays to Windows Server
- For storage repair, customizable speed now provides better control of data synchronization: resources can be optionally allocated to repairing data copies (resilience) or running active workloads (performance). This allows clusters to be managed more flexibly and efficiently.
- Storage bus cache provides storage on standalone servers, connecting faster media such as SSD or NVMe to slower ones such as HDD, improving read and write performance and therefore efficiency.
- New SMB compression eliminates the need to manually compress files when transferring them over the network to enable faster transfers on busy networks.
Individual improvements in Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
In addition to the improvements already listed, the new Windows Server 2022 release offers a host of other optimizations that also enhance the performance of Server:
- AMD processor support for Nested Virtualization now provides more options in environments to run Hyper-V on a Hyper-V virtual machine (VM).
- Microsoft Edge replaces Explorer. Edge is based on Chromium open source, providing more security than Internet Explorer.
- There are performance improvements for Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) through the use of TCP HyStart++, which reduces packet loss, and with RACK (Recent ACKnowledgment) to reduce retransmit timeouts (RTO) during retransmissions.
- RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) optimizes the performance of virtual switches in Hyper-V by aggregating packets in the hypervisor network, allowing them to be processed as larger segments. This reduces CPU cycles and also improves network traffic performance, among other benefits.
Hardware requirements for running Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
Windows Server 2022 is based on the operating system Windows 10. In order to take full advantage of all the features of this Server version and to ensure the security of a server, the underlying hardware must meet the minimum requirements listed below. Further requirements depend on the respective system configuration as well as additionally installed applications.
- Processor: 1.4 GHz 64-bit
- RAM: 512 MB or 2 GB for Server with installation option "Desktop-Darstellung"
- HDD: 32 GB free disk space
- Graphics card and monitor: 1,024 x 768 pixels
- Also for BIOS: UEFI system with secure boot (UEFI 2.3.1c) for certain features
Licensing of Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
Licensing of a server with the Windows Server 2022 Datacenter edition is also carried out for used software in accordance with the Microsoft license provisions, whereby the number of cores is used as the benchmark for calculating the license requirement. The following provisions apply:
- Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Software is always licensed based on the actual physical hardware used. In addition to the number of physical Core processors, the number of virtual Server processors is also taken into account.
- A single Server license covers 2 physical processor cores.
- According to the Microsoft license terms, Pro processor is always based on the minimum number of 8 cores - even if the actually existing hardware should have less than 8 cores.
- For each physical Server always at least 2 processors are used, which results in a minimum number of 16 cores.
- For servers with more than 16 cores, additional cores must be licensed with corresponding packages at Windows Server 2022 Datacenter.
For further information, e.g. concerning the licensing of Hyper-V instances as well as clients - users as well as end devices - accessing the Windows Server 2022 Datacenter, please contact Wiresoft. Corresponding licenses/CALs to Windows Server 2022 Datacenter are also available from Wiresoft.
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter buy as used software in the Wiresoft software store
The current MS Windows Server Datacenter 2022 edition is already available as used software in the Wiresoft software store. The price of this used software is more favorable than from comparable new commodity to Windows Server Datacenter 2022. With the purchase of used software with Wiresoft you profit thereby from these advantages:
- With the purchase of Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter from Wiresoft customers receive an original single license, which was previously purchased by one and then sold to Wiresoft.
- Mi the resale, this MS Windows Server 2022 Datacenter server license is marked as used, where "used" does not imply any limitations on the functionality of this Windows Server software or that it has actually been used before.
- If the former owner has already installed or activated this MS Windows Server 2022 Datacenter software, the respective license has been deleted again before selling it to Wiresoft, so that the respective software license is 100% freely available again.
- The offered MS Windows Server 2022 Datacenter software license, as well as other used Microsoft licenses offered for sale by Wiresoft are neither limited usable nor time limited trial versions, therefore they do not contain an activated license-Key, but it is a software product authorized after your purchase only for yourself.
- All such used software licenses first purchased from Wiresoft and then offered for resale, such as this MS Windows Server Datacenter 2022 , have also been tested by us for full usability prior to sale.
- The legal basis for the resale of a used Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter software is the applicable law, which allows the sale as well as the purchase and use of used software.
- Immediately after your successfully completed purchase, the Windows Server 2022 Datacenter application will be available to you via Electronic Software Delivery (ESD).
- When purchasing a used license, such as the Datacenter edition of Windows Server 2022 from Wiresoft, you can be sure that you are purchasing and using an original and legal Microsoft product.
If you have any further questions regarding your purchase of Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter as used software or any other edition of MS Windows Server 2022 as well as older MS Windows Server versions or any other Microsoft software, please feel free to contact us via email, phone or chat.